Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 1997 20:37:10 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Antonio Nati <A.Nati@cisco.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   adduser using a cgi-bin

I'm trying to automate the creation of a new user using some HTML forms.

At the end of the cicle I use a cgi program that calls system(), giving
"adduser -batch ..." as parameter, but it doesn't work properly (the same
command by hand works fine). It may tell me if an user is already existant
but cannot add another one.

My develop stand-alone system runs HTTPD as root, so I don't see any
privilege problems.

May that perl procedure be executed under system (within a cgi program)?
Any hint or suggestion?

Tonino