Date:      Fri, 2 Mar 2001 09:01:53 +0100
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Matthew Thyer <thyerm@camtech.net.au>
Cc:        adrian@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Badly needed addition to /usr/local/etc/rc.d/squid.sh

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001, Matthew Thyer wrote:
> Please Mr. Maintainer take notice of this.
>
> This will save people a lot of hassle.
> I'm sick of having to edit this startup script to make it
> useful.
>
> I you want me to put in a PR I will.
>

> stop)
>         runcache_pid=`ps auxww | grep RunCache | awk '{print $2}'`
>         if [ ${runcache_pid}X != X ]; then
>                 kill $runcache_pid
>         fi
>         /usr/local/sbin/squid -k shutdown

Hi,

I have this in my sights. I was waiting for squid-2.4 to be released
but it seems there are a few more kinks in its shield.

I shall commit this in the next couple of days to both squid22 and squid23.

Thanks!

--
Adrian Chadd			"Programming is like sex:
<adrian@freebsd.org>		   One mistake and you have to support for