Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 2004 18:08:57 +0100
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Nick Hilliard <nick-lists@netability.ie>
Subject:   Re: breakage upgrading from 5.3-RC1 to 5.3-RELEASE

--nextPart1239072.541CF7D2nD

On Wednesday, 10. November 2004 16:55, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> > I checked out RELENG_5_3 this morning and the build just finished
> > successfully. Could you try removing your /usr/src and /usr/obj and try
> > building again? Let me know if it still fails.
>
> It turned out that both of these problems were observed when running the
> buildworld under KDE 3.3.

Actually the problem stems from kdm. The cause of the problem was fixed in=
=20
kdbase-3.3.0_1 (or rather 24 hrs after kdebase-3.3.0_1), but you might need=
=20
to regenerate the kdm configuration files for the fix to take effect.

Try moving /usr/local/share/config/kdm/kdmrc out of the way, then run=20
genkdmconf --no-old as root, then move kdmrc back. This should fix the bogu=
s=20
IFS variable.

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org