Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 00:02:02 -0800
From:      Fred Condo <fcondo@csuchico.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: staroffice 5.0

> Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 12:57:06 +0000
> From: Kerberus <kerberus@inetu.net>
> Subject: Re: staroffice 5.0
>
> Please see the StarOffice HowTo for FreeBSD located at
>
> http://www.freebsdrocks.com/showarticles.php3?cat=8
>

> Kiril Mitev wrote:
>
> > Hey All !
> >
> > Has anyone managed to get the (new?) staroffice 5.0 (for linux,
> > of course) up & running yet?

Unfortunately, the setup program dumps core with a segment violation. My setup:

FreeBSD hoopy.local 3.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE #2: Mon Mar  8 22:24:04 PST
1999     fred@hoopy.local:/usr/src/sys/compile/HOOPY  i386

The FreeBSDRocks article references FreeBSD 3.1, but I'm reluctant to do an
upgrade, as the last such attempt yielded a GENERIC (!) kernel that crashed.

--
Fred Condo + fcondo@csuchico.edu + http://webclass.csuchico.edu/
fredcondo@acm.org                +      fredcondo on Yahoo Pager