Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 1997 13:11:53 -0500
From:      "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <jordyn@bestweb.net>
To:        Antonio Nati <A.Nati@cisco.it>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: adduser using a cgi-bin

At 8:37 PM +0200 4/4/97, Antonio Nati wrote:
>I'm trying to automate the creation of a new user using some HTML forms.
>
>At the end of the cicle I use a cgi program that calls system(), giving
>"adduser -batch ..." as parameter, but it doesn't work properly (the same
>command by hand works fine). It may tell me if an user is already existant
>but cannot add another one.
>
>My develop stand-alone system runs HTTPD as root, so I don't see any
>privilege problems.
>
>May that perl procedure be executed under system (within a cgi program)?
>Any hint or suggestion?

I've written a perl script that adds users to our billing database and also
to the password file using "adduser -batch..."--this seems to work fine so
I imagine the same thing could be implemented via CGI without a problem.

Sharing bits of the relevant code would help people make a much more useful
answer, I think...

Jordyn

|Jordyn A. Buchanan                    mailto:jordyn@bestweb.net |
|Bestweb Corporation                      http://www.bestweb.net |
|Senior System Administrator                     +1.914.271.4500 |