Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 1996 09:46:46 +0000
From:      Carey Nairn <Carey.Nairn@its.utas.edu.au>
To:        FreeBSD questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Any recommendations for a *good* multiport serial card

Hi,

I am looking for a *good* 8 0r 16 port card which is supported by
FreeBSD 2.1R and readily available in Australia.  The card has to
support at least 6 (possibly more later) serial terminals for a school
library catalogue system.  The machine they will be hanging off is an
Acer Pentium 75, 16MB RAM (now that I have the OS installed).

This job used to be done by a 386DX25, 8MB RAM with a 4-port card with
shared IRQ.  I started having problems with that one when the 5th and
6th terminals were added to sio0 and sio1.

any suggestions?

thanks,
Carey