Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 1996 00:02:50 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers list)
Subject:   need historical insight...

Hi there

I have a presumably very rare question:

- I have this PDP-11 sitting next to my FreeBSD box. The PDP has
  an ancient BSD on it.

- It also has a Qbus DEQNA ethernet card and talks TCP/IP to my
  home network quite nicely. Telnet works just fine

- My problem comes when I try to get files from the PDP onto the
  FreeBSD box. After some 2 kBytes (according to the # displayed)
  the connection hangs.

I really would like to get the files off the PDP onto my FreeBSD
box since they contain a distribution set of the PDPs OS. A disk
crash can now easily take my little museum out of commision.

I tried playing with the mtu (maybe the ol' Qbus board is overwhelmed
by the speed of the other side??) but no luck.

Could the new TCP/IP features be biting me?

On the PDP:
qe0: 192.168.200.5 netmask ffffff00 flags=243<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING>
broadcast: 192.168.200.255

On the FreeBSD:
192.168.200.1 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.200.255
ether 00:00:24:06:32:56

Thanks for all insight..