Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 1999 10:17:56 -0700
From:      Dave Mangot <dmangot-no-spamming-please@mfi.com>
To:        cjclark@home.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3.1 kernel, ssh 1.2.27, X11 fwd

Crist,

   Hmmm.  I'm not so sure I agree with you.   I read the thread
and it seems that you're having a problem opening a socket,
correct?

   My problem looks like it stems from a mismatch in PIDs between
what sshd expects and what it's getting.  (why I have no idea)

   As far as the thread goes, the guy who was helping you out
was a bit confused.  Sure you can get X to display after playing
with the DISPLAY environment variable.  The problem being that
ssh isn't forwarding his X11 connection over the ssh tunnel as
far as I could tell.  Maybe I just read it wrong.

  (sigh)

   What do you see when you run sshd -d (debug mode)?

				-Dave