Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 1998 15:03:48 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        support@cyclades.com, dg@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Replaced Cyclom-8Ye by 8YeP and got silo overflows (FreeBSD 2.2.6-STABLE)

Hi!

Today I replaced my Cyclom-8Ye (ISA) by Cyclom-8YeP (PCI) ;-(

cy0 <Cyclades Cyclom-Y Serial Adapter> rev 1 int a irq 11 on pci0:15:0

Both cards are revision 1.02. The new serial module is SM8 II.
With standard driver (-stable) the card is recognized but ports are not
working (the driver doesn't support SM8/SM16 II).

I installed the driver from Cyclades (ftp.cyclades.com), that claims to
support this hardware. The card is recognized ok and the ports are now
working, but I started to receive the following errors:

cy1: 1 more silo overflow (total 1)
cy0: 3 more silo overflows (total 6)
cy0: 6 more silo overflows (total 12)
cy1: 1 more silo overflow (total 2)
cy1: 5 more silo overflows (total 7)
cy2: 1 more silo overflow (total 2)
cy2: 6 more silo overflows (total 8)

I have 5 modems (33.6) attached to the SM8, 3 lines are unused.
I tried to decrease baudrate from 115.2K to 57.6K, this didn't help.

Any idea (patch, workaround, etc.) would be much appreciated!

Thanks for your help,

*** In FreeBSD we trust ***
--
Ruslan Ermilov          System Administrator
ru@ucb.crimea.ua        United Commercial Bank