Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 1996 20:39:17 +0100
From:      se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        Justin Viiret <justin@cyburbia.bns.com.au>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spinner under FreeBSD

On Mar 20, 23:26, Justin Viiret wrote:
} Subject: Spinner under FreeBSD
} G'day everyone,
}
} 	Has anyone managed to get Spinner (web server) running under
} FreeBSD (or is there a port)? It compiles out of the box and the install

I've prepared a Spinner port, but didn't have
the time to put it into the repository, yet.

Recent changes to -current make a few small
changes necessary (sys/buf.h has to be included
into two files).

} script runs;  but when I use netscape to connect to the server for
} configuration the 'authorisation' fails, regardless of what username and
} password I use.  The contents of the BUGS file reads:
}
} -----------------------------------------------------------------------
} In all (?):
}
} o crypt() does not work on FreeBSD

Did you install DES crypt on your system ?

} -----------------------------------------------------------------------
}
} Could this be causing the problem, and (if so) has anyone managed to get
} around it?
}
} Information: It's Spinner 1.0b12, and I'm running FreeBSD
} 2.1.0-951104-SNAP.

I'm using -current, and didn't make
many tests, yet. I didn't try with
MD5 passwords, though ...

Regards, STefan
--
 Stefan Esser, Zentrum fuer Paralleles Rechnen		Tel:	+49 221 4706021
 Universitaet zu Koeln, Weyertal 80, 50931 Koeln	FAX:	+49 221 4705160