Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2000 15:25:47 -0600
From:      "Jeff Tolley" <jeff@comnetcom.net>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   another mrtg problem...

I am getting a similiar problem as well, that I hope someone might have an
answer to...

Cron reports:
ERROR: I guess another mrtg is running. A lockfile
(/www/comnet/new/noc/run/tnt.cfg_l) aged
1188 seconds is hanging around. If you are sure that no other mrtg
is running you can remove the lockfile

I have tried removing any lock files periodically, but it seems to fix
itself since this only happens at least once or twice a night for each of
the routers we have configured mrtg to monitor. It's a relatively new
problem.  I recently recompiled and reconfigured mrtg from scratch, for
other reasons, thinking that a side effect could be a solution to this
problem, but it still complains.

any ideas?

Thanks,
----