Date:      Wed, 04 Apr 2001 12:29:41 -0000
From:      "Kam Salisbury" <netalchemist@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Webmail decisions...

Ok, I have lurked long enough.

Regarding the current thread about webmail options (IMP, NeoMail,
Aeromail...) I started thinking about implementing my own webmail solution
for myself. I figure that since I am getting a DSL line and such, it would
be very cool to be able to use the same email interface while at home and on
the road. I looked and found that courier-imap would provide all of the
things I want in an email interface. It installs with IMAP and POP3 support
as well as a web front end for everything. So... I tried several times now
to install it but have reached a stumbling block. Yes, I read the detailed
install instructions and did as asked but still encounter stops and such.
Yes, I am installing via the ports function. Now I have performed the "make
deinstall" and "make clean" until I can get my act straight.

My question? Can anyone give me any pointers for installing and configuring
this port specifically on FreeBSD 4.2 stable? I saw the offer of detailed
instructions for placing IMP on the system and are interested in that as
well. Heck, if anyone has some other sane suggestions I would gladly take
that too...

Kam.