Date:      Thu, 04 Feb 1999 19:50:38 +0100
From:      "Andras Tudos - Computronic, C3" <andras.tudos@computronic.hu>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   httpd & qmail-local with 2.2.8

Hello,

we see extremely slow http responses from our FreeBSD 2.2.8 server (running
Apache 1.3.4 and Qmail 1.01) when there are qmail-local processes running.
It seems that we have this problem since we upgraded from 2.2.6. Top shows
"sbwait" state at the httpd processes and the CPU is ~50% idle, load is
around 1.00. (The home of the users is mounted via nfs, but the performance
there is OK.) As soon as the qmail-local processes have finished the
performance is back to normal.

Any ideas?

Andras Tudos
C3, Budapest