Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:58:43 -0600
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>
To:        Eric Masson <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
Subject:   Re: Cryptographic hardware support

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 11:25:03AM +0100, Eric Masson wrote:

> Wouldn't it be interesting to share this type of support across the
> bsd's (no duplicate of work for hardware support for example) ?

This would be a worthy goal, but has some practical obstacles.  The
OpenBSD driver doesn't fit completely into the FreeBSD framework, and
the existing driver needs substantial cleanup as well.  The OpenBSD
guys are currently revamping their framework, so the target is in a
state of flux.

> Is there any roadmap for inclusion in the tree ?

Yes, I have funding to do crytographic hardware offloading.  I have
some sample boards from PowerCrypt and Soekris, and hope to have the
code ready for distribution by the end of the month.

This would include the drivers for the board, as well as the network
changes to support offloading.
--
Jonathan