Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 22:24:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        "W. Wilson" <wilson@shell.monmouth.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does 4.1 Support USB Modems?

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, W. Wilson wrote:

> Anyone using a USB modem with ppp on Release 4.1 or 4.1.1?

I haven't gotten my office back in total shape yet to fire up my -stable
box to test it.  I need to plug in my Ricochet GS and see what happens.

> Also is there a USB to Serial cable that works?

There's no cable but there are plenty of usb<->serial boxes.  I don't know
if FreeBSD supports them or how they interface.  I just have one for the
PowerBook and had to install the vendor's driver to get it going.

dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu     |  www.FreeBSD.org