Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:33:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>
To:        Ippolito William-WLWI01 <William.Ippolito@motorola.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cross platform back up software

I would put the DLT tape drive on the FreeBSD box, and install the latest
version of samba.  There is a script called smbtar included with samba
that will allow you to dump the windows box directly to the tape.  All you
have to do is set the tape device to /dev/nsa0 or whatever you use for
your tape if it were on the FB box.

Robert Simmons
Systems Administrator
http://www.wlcg.com/