Date:      Sat, 24 Feb 1996 00:19:32 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        faulkner@asgard.bga.com (Boyd R. Faulkner)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: elm:Folder is corrupt!!  I can't read it!!

It seems that Boyd R. Faulkner said:
> I often get this message using elm.  elm then exits.  I assume I am trying to
> read the file while it is being updated by procmail.  I can establish dot
> locking from procmail but trying to set elm to do dot locking seems to
> mail the file unreadable.

Use only fcntl(2) locking with Elm. Procmail should use the same locking as
elm. Here is the output of "elm -v":

Elm Version and Identification Information:

	Elm 2.4ME+ PL7 (25), of February, 1996
	(C) Copyright 1988-1992 USENET Community Trust
	Based on Elm 2.0, (C) Copyright 1986,1987 Dave Taylor
	----------------------------------
	Configured Tue Jan 23 22:25:11 MET 1996
	----------------------------------
	Use UNIX Mailbox Delimiters and /usr/sbin/sendmail Mail Transport Agent: not MMDF
	Let the MTA add the From: header: DONT_ADD_FROM
	Following mail spool locking protocols will be used: USE_FCNTL_LOCKING
	From: and Reply-To: addresses are good: USE_EMBEDDED_ADDRESSES
	Support Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions: MIME
	Use 8BIT content_transfer_encoding and -B8BITMIME -option: USE_8BITMIME
	Don't use BINARY content_transfer_encoding with -BBINARYMIME -option: not USE_BINARYMIME (This option isn't fully implemented yet.)
	Prefers Internet address formats: INTERNET
	No debug options are available: not DEBUG
	Crypt function enabled: CRYPT
	Mailbox editing not included: not ALLOW_MAILBOX_EDITING
	Subshell menu items included: ALLOW_SUBSHELL
	Spell checking feature disabled: not ISPELL
	Calendar file feature enabled: ENABLE_CALENDAR
		(Default calendar file is calendar)
	PGP support enabled: USE_PGP
	Remailer support enabled: USE_REMAILER

--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #1: Tue Feb 20 01:16:51 MET 1996