Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:40:06 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Chip Morton <tech_info@threespace.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: AvantGo user-agent

Chip Morton wrote:
> >Live web browsing isn't, but storing a glob of info into your PDA is very
> >useful
> >(for some people).  I suck in many megabytes of helpful data, some I've
> >written,
> >and some others have written, into my Clie for on-the-go reference.  I'm
> >not big
> >into getting my own up to date copy of Slashdot or anything, but I definitely
> >like the use of it for some pages that have useful data.
>
> I agree here.  Even in non-critical personal use, being able to look up
> movie/TV schedules or quickly check the weather is really convenient.  And
> with more and more sites providing PDA-formatted content, it's just getting
> better.
>
> >However, iSilo is winning the battle against Avantgo for me.
>
> Who/what is "iSilo?"

iSilo is a great web sucking tool.  You can grab a page (or pages, or image, or
site for that matter) and slap it into a pdb isilo format for the palm.  It's
kinda like wget, but for the palm.  You run iSilo on your box, it grabs the
sites you tell it to and builds pdb files from those sites, and then you sync
them into your palm.

Check out:
/usr/ports/palm/isilo

and: