Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 11:42:57 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Kentaro Innes <innesro@cs.earlham.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cannot change NIS password using yppasswd

Greetings

I currently have one FreeBSD 3.1 box running as an NIS server and 3
RedHat Linux 6.0 boxes running as NIS clients.  The first time I try
changing my NIS password using yppasswd after starting rpc.yppasswd, I am
successful.  However, on every subsequent try I get the following:

Changing NIS account information for innesro on tsetse.cs.earlham.edu.
Please enter old password:
Changing NIS password for innesro on tsetse.cs.earlham.edu.
Please enter new password:
Please retype new password:
Error while changing the NIS password.
The NIS password has not been changed on tsetse.cs.earlham.edu.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone would tell me how to solve
this problem.

Sincerely
Robert K. Innes

System Administrator