Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 14:15:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      yeti <yeti@vanity.domain.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Console locking problems.

Hello,

I've been having problems with my console locking up at strange times when
X is running on a 3.1-REL machine. It still has network connectivity, etc,
just no console access. Some info that might help:

I am running the XF86_I128 server.
I am not running the psm drivers. (I noticed some previous posts in which
disabling this was mentioned.)
uname -a:
FreeBSD still.hungry.com 3.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE #1: Mon May 10
02:08:43 PDT 1999     toor@still.hungry.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/agro
i386

This problem only seems to be around when I am running the X server. It
also seems to occur when I switch into, and then out of X quickly.

Any ideas on what to do about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!