Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 1995 08:34:30 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Jason Boerner <chaos@rivers.oscs.montana.edu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Fixed xpm ports... I think...

> xpm has been through a version upgrade to 3.4e
> In order to get the port to work I just changed:
> DISTNAME=       xpm-3.4d
>
> to:
> DISTNAME=       xpm-3.4e

Yup, it's very frequently that easy!

> Everything seems to work.  Since I am completely new to this stuff I am
> sure that I am doing something risky and nieve but hey.  I can now

No, it's in fact designed to be as easy as this.  You did precisely
the right thing - bump the version number next, try to see if the
changes still apply, go with it if so.  Actually, a purist would
probably also move the patches files temporarily out of the way to see
if if the changes have become obsolete (sometimes they get folded back
into subsequent versions by the authors), but that's not critical (unless
they fail to apply :-).

> Am I reporting this correctly?

Yes!  We'll make this change too, thanks.

					Jordan