Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 1997 14:04:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Josh Broch <broch@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS Problems

I presently have two pentium machines, each with 3COM 3c509B network
cards, that I am trying to use as an NFS client and NFS server,
respectively.  The NFS client machine is running 2.2-GAMMA and the server
is running 2.2.1.

Whenever, the client machine attempts to create/modify a large number of
files on a partiition mounted from the server, it hangs.  I've tried
specifying -r=1024 and -w=1024 on the "mount" command line (as suggested
in the FreeBSD handbook), but this makes no difference - I don't think
that these network cards should need the above options anyway.

Has anyone else experienced such a problem with the 2.2.1-Release.  If
not, I'll try upgrading the client machine to 2.2.1.  If so, are there any
fixes available?

Thanks,

Josh

Josh Broch (broch@andrew.cmu.edu)          http://gs133.sp.cs.cmu.edu/
Carnegie Mellon University                           CMU: 412-268-3056
Electrial and Computer Engineering                  Home: 412-683-0483