Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 13:28:03 +0100
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   * searching a good priest for zombies processes *

My system (2.2 GAMMA) fills itself with zombie processes generated by
passserv (the server for the corollary terminal server) but 2.1.5 RELEASE
it didn't happened.

Now I am a newbie and I don't know what a zombie process was , so I read
the New Hacker's Dictionary :-):

"It is a process  that it is died but not yet relinquished its process
table slot (because the parent process hasn't executed a wait (2) for it
yet)."

Boh ?!?  How I must do to bury them. ??
Now the only solution to let them disappear is to shutdown, but I couldn't
continue to shut the machine down :-)
It is possible that passserv.c (from corollary.com) is buggy !?!? Is there
anyone that is using it with a cns 16x0 ?

Thanks in advance for everything.

Regards...
Gianmarco ( gmarco@masternet.it )

http://www2.masternet.it/~gmarco