Date:      Wed, 24 Aug 2005 23:58:37 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fontsize and dpi

--nextPart3026323.HLvAqflaQd

On Wednesday, 24. August 2005 15:31, Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav wrote:
> Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org> writes:
> > On Tuesday, 23. August 2005 15:52, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> > > I haven't seen any cases recently where the DPI was set correctly
> > > by default.
> >
> > The key to DPMS-assisted dpi detection [...]
>
> DPMS has nothing to do with display size or resolution.=20

True, the proper set of capitals to use here would be DDC/EDID. Most, if no=
t=20
all graphics card drivers in xorg now support the

Option "IgnoreEDID" <bool>

(to go into Section "Device") which implies that by default, they should us=
e=20
EDID data for determining the display size / DPI. I'm pretty sure I'm not=20
completely imagining the requirement for the dpms option to make that=20
actually work though, but perhaps it's no longer the case, or it's another=
=20
one of those config parser bloopers.

=2D-=20