Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:29:07 +0200
From:      Manfredi Blasucci <sonoro@inet.it>
To:        "Rashid N. Achilov" <achilov@granch.ru>
Cc:        Erick Mechler <emechler@sendmail.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: deny incoming icmp

"Rashid N. Achilov" wrote:

> Sorry, more precision...
>
> I have a firewall, protecting my network. IPFIREWALL, IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE, IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
> enabled. What can I allow icmp from our network any deny/fake incoming to our network icmp?
> --

Try with those:

${fwcmd} add allow log icmp from any to $ip via $eth out
${fwcmd} add allow log icmp from any to $ip via $eth in icmp 0 <- Echo Reply
${fwcmd} add allow log icmp from any to $ip via $eth in icmp 3 <- Destination Unreachable
${fwcmd} add allow log icmp from any to $ip via $eth in icmp 8 <- Echo
${fwcmd} add allow log icmp from any to $ip via $eth in icmp 11 <- Time Exceded
${fwcmd} add allow log icmp from any to $ip via $eth in icmp 12 <- Parameter Problem

See also http://www.sys-security.com/archive/papers/ICMP_Scanning.pdf.

Bye,
Manf