Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:19:11 +0530
From:      Arindam <arindam.mukerjee@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Network connectivity between FreeBSD and Linux

I have FreeBSD 6.1 installed on one machine and Fedora Core 2 on
another. I dual boot the FreeBSD 6.1 machine with a RedHat EL 4.3
installation. I have assigned the same static IP address and hostname
to this machine for both the FreeBSD and RHEL installations.

While my RHEL installation is running, I am able to communicate with
the FC2 installation over the network. When FreeBSD is running, all
pings from either side fail. I have no clue if I need to look at some
special configuration, or is it a problem with the basics.

Wond'ring what to do.

Cheers,
Andy