Date:      Tue, 27 Oct 1998 10:53:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Carl Mascott <cmascott@world.std.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Seeking volunteer to commit fixes to -stable

With the release of 2.2.8 approaching (still mid-November?)
I'm looking for a volunteer to commit some fixes to -stable:

PR		DATE		SYNOPSIS
---------	--------	--------
bin/7757	08/27/98	xlint/gcc: "warning: integral constant too large"
misc/7759	08/27/98	proflibs installation error, libcrypt_p.a
kern/8383	10/20/98	msdosfs wipes out NT VFAT lower case flags

See the PRs for details, but here are brief comments:

bin/7757:
Fix has been in CVS repository for a long time, but only in
-current.  A file needs to be migrated to -stable (tag change).

misc/7759:
Probably applies to -current also.
5 lines of tested code need to be added to a shell script.

kern/8383:
Probably applies to -current also.
PR has a patch for several files.
I've been running it successfully since 10/13/98.

If no one is willing to do the work then I'm volunteering to
do it.  Note, though, that I'm not in a position to do anything
to -current: I have only one machine, and it runs 2.2.7-R.