Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 1999 23:31:56 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   LKMs and 3.1-Release kernel

Since u/g to 3.1-R (from the CD) I can't get the NTFS driver to
load. These are the messages I get:

	# mount /ntfs
	ld: /kernel: malformed input file (not rel or archive)
	modload: /usr/bin/ld: return code 1
	ntfs: vfsload(ntfs): Operation not permitted
	#

	# file /lkm/ntfs_mod.o
	/lkm/ntfs_mod.o: FreeBSD/i386 object not stripped
	#

I've used the 3.x source (ntfs-0.16beta.tgz) from
http://iclub.nsu.ru/~semen/ntfs and built according to the
instructions. I note from this website that the source was for 3.0
and that it has now been added to the -CURRENT tree and that no
more files will be posted on the website.

Am I right in thinking that the error messages I'm seeing are
aout/ELF related? I've built the kernel with ``options  LKM''.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? (cvsup'ing -CURRENT
isn't really an option).

Thanks.