Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:54:41 +0100
From:      alex@big.endian.de (Alexander Langer)
To:        Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No, I mean *really* reset the DSP

Thus spake Michael Robinson (robinson@netrinsics.com):

> but it is not restoring the audio to a "freshly booted" state.  Short of
> hacking up the drivers, does anyone have any suggestions?

Well, I suppose the DSP is initialized by the driver after reset.

You should read the sourcecode of the driver in sys/dev/sound and
look, what happens on the kernel module after the dsp has been found -
if there is any initalizing done.

If you, you have to do this too, of course.

Alex

--
cat: /home/alex/.sig: No such file or directory