Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:54:44 -0000
From:      "JB" <jbeebe@aimsmarketing.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RSAref - No cURL with SSL

------=_NextPart_000_008C_01C06503.DDA59EE0

I've recently compiled curl with SSL support. OpenSSL is installed on =
this BSD box. curl seems to work find, except for HTTPS connections. =
Apparently I'm missing a required library to start an HTTPS connection. =
What/where do I need to download to get these proper libraries. Say I =
download these, do I need to compile the code with OpenSSL and then =
recompile curl? Or is this just a matter of placing missing libraries in =
the proper place. BTW- there is no directory /usr/ports. I also do not =
have access to the /usr dir, only the ~/usr dir. How would I point curl =
to another directory besides the one its looking for? Below is the error =
message I get when trying to establish an HTTPS connection. Thanks in =
advance.

** R_RandomInit: Unable to find an RSAREF shared library (librsaref.so). =

** Install the /usr/ports/security/rsaref port or package and run this=20
** program again. See the OpenSSL chapter in the FreeBSD Handbook, =
located at=20
** http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/openssl.html, for more information.=20
curl: (35) SSL: error:14098077:SSL =
routines:SSL3_SEND_CLIENT_KEY_EXCHANGE:bad rs=20
a encrypt=20

------=_NextPart_000_008C_01C06503.DDA59EE0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I've recently compiled curl with SSL =
support.=20
OpenSSL is installed on this BSD box. curl seems to work find, except =
for HTTPS=20
connections. Apparently I'm missing a required library to start an HTTPS =

connection. What/where do I need to download to get these proper =
libraries. Say=20
I download these, do I need to compile the code with OpenSSL and then =
recompile=20
curl? Or is this just a matter of placing missing libraries in the =
proper place.=20
BTW- there is no directory /usr/ports. I also do not have access to the =
/usr=20
dir, only the ~/usr dir. How would I point curl to another directory =
besides the=20
one its looking for? Below is the error message I get when trying to =
establish=20
an HTTPS connection. Thanks in advance.<BR><BR>** R_RandomInit: Unable =
to find=20
an RSAREF shared library (librsaref.so). <BR>** Install the=20
/usr/ports/security/rsaref port or package and run this <BR>** program =
again.=20
See the OpenSSL chapter in the FreeBSD Handbook, located at <BR>** <A=20
href=3D"http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/openssl.html">http://www.freebsd.=
org/handbook/openssl.html</A>,=20
for more information. <BR>curl: (35) SSL: error:14098077:SSL=20
routines:SSL3_SEND_CLIENT_KEY_EXCHANGE:bad rs <BR>a encrypt=20
<BR><BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_008C_01C06503.DDA59EE0--