Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:18:47 -0400
From:      Anthony Agelastos <iqgrande@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        asa@agava.com
Subject:   CUPS, Network Printing

--Apple-Mail-4-582951720
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

Hello,

Since my latest CUPS problem has nothing to do with the thread it was
mentioned in (CUPS, USB printers & "Permission Denied"), I wanted to
restate the problem and give some additional information.

When I try to print to my printer through the network via my MacBook
Pro (which worked before), I get the message in the CUPS Web
Interface (or through lpstat):

"/usr/local/libexec/cups/filter/foomatic-rip failed"

Basically, I have the same problem reported in the thread "Can't
print to CUPS from Macintosh".

I have successfully printed locally on the server with the root user
and my normal user account. I have the same account name on my
MacBook Pro when I tried to print. Attached to this email is the log
(with only the pertinent events shown). It shows the 2 successful
print jobs as well as the unsuccessful one.

Does anyone have any ideas? The FreeBSD community has my appreciation
for all of its help on this matter.

-Anthony

--Apple-Mail-4-582951720--