Date:      Mon, 27 May 1996 20:54:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: snmp for FreeBSD...

On Tue, 28 May 1996, Gary Palmer wrote:

> Poul-Henning Kamp wrote in message ID
> <2238.833242850@critter.tfs.com>:
> >
> > I'm all for native SNMP support btw.
>
> So am I (which is why I asked for the pointers). I would make a lot of
> things easier. The real question is who's SNMP stuff do we go
> for... And also which one has (a) the best licensing and (b) is most
> extendable to meet our needs...

General Copyright for the ucd port:

                   Copyright (c) 1996 Wes Hardaker
              and the University of California at Davis

COPYRIGHT

  Many portions of the code in this package were distributed by
  Carnegie Mellon University.  The copyright for their code can be
  found in the top of most of the source code.

  All other code written by Wes Hardaker at the University of
  California at Davis is copyrighted under the following copyright:

    Permission is granted to use, copy, modify and distribute this
    software and documentation.  This software is distributed freely
    and usage of it is not subject to fees of any kind.  It may be
    included in a software compact disk set provided that the author
    is contacted and made aware of its distribution.

and from the README:

INTRO

  This package contains a port and modified code of the CMU 2.1.2.1
  snmp agent.  It has been modified to allow extensibility quickly
  and easily.  It is far from the best and most configurable systems;
  but hey: its free.

	Its free...meets our criteria *grin*  and has a very lax
copyright...batting two for two here *grin*

Marc G. Fournier                                  scrappy@ki.net
Systems Administrator @ ki.net               scrappy@freebsd.org