Date:      Sun, 04 Dec 2011 19:22:15 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, APseudoUtopia <apseudoutopia@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Gateway, Crossover

--------------enig6BFD2335594998B9A0A3D67B

On 04/12/2011 18:43, Matthias Apitz wrote:
>> I'd like to have the internal network be on 192.168.1.0/24. I have 2x
>> > 2-port NICs in the freebsd box.
>> >=20
>> > em0 - Internet - 1.2.3.4
>> > em1 - System1 - 192.168.1.1
>> > em2 - System2 - 192.168.1.2

> if you connect the two other boxes directly to the NICs of FreeBSD you
> must use crossover cables and should assign to each connection a
> separate network; or you connect all three boxes via a HUB or switch in=

> only one network;

Or create a bridge spanning em1 and em2 -- this will make your FreeBSD
box act pretty much like a network switch for the two client machines.

You can get away with standard cables if all the NICs involved support
auto-MDIX.  em(4) should, but it depends on your other kit.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                  Flat 3