Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 1999 22:11:00 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        i.think@harrisburgacademy.org (i think)
Cc:        npp@swamp.dk (Nicolai Petri), multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DVD Support!!!

It seems i think wrote:
> there was a recent mention of DVD in freebsd-current mailing list. basically
> having to do w/ the authentication of DVD drives.

Well, the ata driver findes and probes DVD drives just fine, you can use
them as well, but there is no UDF filesystem in FreeBSD (yet), and there
is no special ioctl's for dealing with DVD specific things..

As the author & maintainer of the ata driver I have some interest in
this, and will follow things on the side, eventually bringing in
support as needed..

-Søren