Date:      Sat, 20 Jun 1998 11:15:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Dave Bodenstab <imdave@mcs.net>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        darrylo@sr.hp.com, mike@smith.net.au, skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu
Subject:   Re: Micropolis 4345WS (Toshiba "Equium" 6200M)

For the benefit of anyone else with the Toshiba Equium 6200M and/or the
Micropolis 4345WS drives...

I could not install FreeBSD with the original firmware revision of the
Micropolis drives (zC19) -- I got ``SCB timeout'' etc.  Thanks to Chris
Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu> who sent me the X502_4.exe (which
updates the firmware to X502), the drives are now working.  I installed
the 5/20 SMP snapshot without a hitch.

Folks had previously mentioned:

  http://www.addit.de/SUPPORT/micr-eproms.htm

as a source for Micropolis FW upgrades, but the site was apparently
down for 2-3 weeks.  I just checked today, and the site is back up.
It lists X504_4.exe as the current fw for the 4345xx drives (but
the comment still says X502 and the link is still to ``X502_4.exe''.)
Probably the ``X504'' is a typo.

So... the site is back up and the fw upgrade is available for anyone
who needs it.

Dave Bodenstab
imdave@mcs.net