Date:      Mon, 02 Jan 1995 23:59:19 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        william pechter ILEX <pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil>
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@wcarchive.cdrom.com (FreeBSD-hackers)
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD2.0 install problem

> I'm using the 1.2 meg boot disk... I did try the 1.44 once.

Do you have a 1.44 floppy drive?  I'm curious why you only tried this
once.  I've seen very strange problems occur from marginal media or
drives - the new floppy driver appears to be MUCH more sensitive than
the old one, and I've actually had to bin a floppy drive that just
wouldn't load FreeBSD no how no way..  Out of alignment or something.
Have you tried examining the `installed' system with a fixit disk or
something to see if it looks kosher?  A kernel and init and everything
intact, etc..

> If this doesn't work I'm going to try NetBSD 1.0 and then lock
> in to FreeBSD 1.1.

?  I can't parse this, sorry! :(

						Jordan