Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 10:23:32 +0100
From:      Stefano Riva <sriva@alice.it>
To:        Octavian <octoman@globotech.dyndns.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: arpresolve error

At 20.43 24/03/99 -0700, you wrote:
>The problem is that I have the right line in my /etc/rc.conf and I tripled
>checked that it doesn' get reset anywhere else. the only thing I can think
>of is my DHCP client might be doing something weird when it gets it's
>address so I'm thinking of adding the ifconfig_lo0 again after calling the
>dhcp client.

  Sorry, I'm not experienced about DHCP. I guess your proposal could be
correct. Try to issue an "ifconfig lo0 inet 127.0.0.1" from the shell, then
check if 127.0.0.1 has been bound to lo0. If so, put the ifconfig command
in your rc.local file. Anyway, if it works it's just a workaround, nothing
more.

---

  Stefano Riva
  Software Engineer - System Administrator
  Informazioni Editoriali I.E. Srl
  Phone +39-027528400, Fax +39-027528451
  Email sriva@alice.it