Date:      Sun, 7 Nov 1999 15:58:22 -0800
From:      Marc Wandschneider <MarcW@Lanfear.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Where to put system paths, etc ...

	The following things/variables need to be set up when I start up
my system:

	PATH needs to be set
	MANPATH needs to be set
	ldconfig needs to be run

	Question:  Where is the best place to do this?  I'd rather not
do it for every single user's .login file, because that would be
annoying, and ldconfig can't be run except as su.

	However, in /etc, it's not obvious where this stuff goes.  I see
some path stuff being set up in /etc/rc, but there appears to be a
manpath.config file, although no documentation on it.  I see no place
where I'd run ldconfig.

	Any suggestions as to what would work out best for me?

	Thanks!

	marc.