Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 09:50:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/22959: Kernel compilation faillure (syscons related)

The following reply was made to PR kern/22959; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To: coolvibe@xs4all.nl
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 19:45:20 +0200

 On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 06:07:52PM +0100, coolvibe@xs4all.nl wrote:

 > >Number:         22959
 > >Category:       kern
 > >Synopsis:       Kernel compilation faillure (syscons related)
 > >Originator:     Emiel Kollof
 > >Release:        FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE i386
 > >Environment:
 >
 > Standard 4.1-RELEASE installation, tested on two different machines.

 > Kernel compilation fails when specifying SC_NORM_REV_ATTR in schistory.c
 >
 > >How-To-Repeat:
 >
 > specify SC_NORM_REV_ATTR=("FG_WHITE|BG_RED") (or whatever you fancy) and
 > just configure and build the kernel. Compilation will fail

 I cannot reproduce this on a 4.1.1-STABLE (4.2-BETA) system;  I have just
 rebooted with a freshly-compiled kernel after I added the following line:

 options         SC_NORM_REV_ATTR="(FG_WHITE|BG_RED)"

 to my kernel config file.

 Can you try updating your system to -STABLE and see if the problem persists?
 Also, you have not specified the exact error the build dies with; can you
 paste the last few lines of the 'make' output (basically, everything after
 the last line starting with 'cc -c -O')?

 G'luck,
 Peter

 --
 This sentence contains exactly threee erors.