Date:      Sun, 7 Mar 1999 17:51:48 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        David Stern <dstern@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UFS, rc.local, afterstep, ext2, package docs, libraster/depends

David Stern wrote:

>>> 5.) Where are all the docs for the packages (sendmail, mh, procmail)?
>>
>> man sendmail
>> man mh
>> man procmail
>>
>> :-)
>
> Yeah, yeah! :-)  I meant the extended docs (configuration, examples,
> tutorials) like I might find in /usr/doc/packagename on some other
> unices.  I wasn't very clear.

There are examples for some things under /usr/share/examples, docs for
some things under /usr/share/doc. Some ports also put documentation
in /usr/local/share/doc/[portname], /usr/local/doc/[portname], or
sometimes /usr/local/share/[portname].

In the case of sendmail, you'd probably be best off looking
at the docs on www.sendmail.org, plus a few things under
/usr/src/contrib/sendmail/doc.

And for procmail, the examples are in the manpages, e.g. procmailex (I
think).

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk