Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:48:31 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Jesse Guardiani <jesse@wingnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: atheros (ath) driver, hostAP?

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 05:21:30PM -0400, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> Howdy list,
>=20
> I'm running FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE, and I'm
> considering messing around with some Soekris
> boards and making some embedded routers with
> built-in wireless access points and VPN stuff.
>=20
> I know I can do that with the Prism chipsets,
> but can I run in hostAP mode with the ath
> driver on an Atheros chipset?

=46rom the manpage:

The ath driver provides support for wireless network adapters based on
the Atheros AR5210, AR5211, and AR5212 chips.  Chip-specific support is
provided by the Atheros Hardware Access Layer (HAL), that is packaged
separately.

Supported features include 802.11 and 802.3 frames, power
management, BSS, IBSS, and host-based access point operation modes.  All
host/device interaction is via DMA.

> Seeing as how I don't run -CURRENT, I can't
> just run 'man ath'.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=3Dath&apropos=3D0&sektion=3D0&manp=
ath=3DFreeBSD+5.1-current&format=3Dhtml

-- Brooks