Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2000 17:06:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   ep interface going inot OACTIVE state, what gives?

	I have a HP Vectra 486/33 acting as a gateway between twon 10BASET
	newtorks, it has been working great for a month or os.

	Today, it stoped working. After playing around I found that one of the
	interfaces (ep1) was going into the "OACTIVE" state. By that I mean it
	would show up with this in the "flags" part of the display for ifonfig.
	The other one does not do this. When this happens packets don't get
	sent out that interfacew.

	A simple ifconfig down ep1 ; ifconfig up ep1 fixes this probelm. The ep
	man poage does not provide a clue as to the maening of thsi flage. What
	does it mean?
	3.4 STABLE

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955