Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 12:12:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      C L <lc001@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Questions about Packet Filter

Very appreciated if anybody can answer the questions:

1. Does BPF support the monitoring of out going packages? how? I know
it can monitor the receiving packages and directly write a new package
into the specified network interface. How about the packages written
by other network or transport protocols?

2. Solaris seems having a similar soft-driver called "Network
Interface Tap". Anybody use that before? Can it monitoring both
incoming and outgoing packages?

3. Any similar programming interface in the socket level?

4. How about in HP-UX, Linux, and AIX?

I may need to port my code to these OSs.

Thanks,
Carl

==