Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 1998 14:55:14 -0700
From:      "Steven M. Davis" <smdavis@usa.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Promise Ultra33 driver support

I just put a 7 gig Ultra-Maxtor on a Promise Ultra33ide controller
in a new computer and
when I tried to install FreeBSD 2.2.6 it said it couldn't find my
Hard drive ...(I got to the page where it said install Novice system)
There is a note in the Manual about a Promise eide board not
supported...
I have just tried it once and there are probably a few things I haven't
tried yet for sure but I was kinda looking for a direct route to
install it with some other OS's like NT and OS2.1warp
I haven't tried to partition it yet from PC-dos yet.
I will probably try Partition Magic next.
I would like to create an install that runs most of it on that
second Cdrom?  like (ln /cdrom ?) or redhat linux....

FreeBSD looks to be a very promising OS ...

Steve Davis