Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 2002 01:28:03 +0100
From:      Mark <admin@asarian-host.net>
To:        "Fuzzy" <fuzzy@pooh.ASARian.org>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Power Management

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fuzzy" <fuzzy@pooh.ASARian.org>
To: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 1:14 AM

> we have one of the "new" dumb APC UPSes, it uses a special
> cable that comes with the unit, (usb comes with, serial can be
> gotten with a request), looks like rj45 on 1 end and either
> usb or serial on the other end.

Hey Fuzzy, :)

I just got the APC 350AV; it also came with a RJ45 to USB cable. I wish they
would have given me a serial cable, though. :( Would have saved me a lot of
headache. So, you got the serial cable? What part-number is it? :) Then I
can happily forget about getting it to work with usb.

Thanks!

- Mark