Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:06:48 +1100
From:      Harry Woodward-Clarke <Harry.Woodward-Clarke@S1.com>
To:        Kuzak <kuzak@kuzak.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mounting swap

G'day Aric,

>         I have a system with 2 hard drives, both with seperate freebsd instalations
> on them.  since they both have different installations, they each have swap
> partition.
>
> On the main hard drive my swap is beginning to fill and I am looking for
> the proper command to mount the swap from the second harddrive.
>
> Can someone please let me know the proper format.. I have tried
> the following, but it seems to be invalid.
>
> mount -t swap /dev/wd0s1b

Typically (reading "man mount" on my 2.2.8R system), using mount with
the -t option for an 'external' type of file system, invokes
/sbin/mount_xxxx where 'xxxx' is the 'external filesystem type'. In my
system (as I said, 2.2.8R), I don't see mount_swap, or anything that
might be 'close'.

However, having a read of "man swapon" might prove beneficial.

hth,

haxxa