Date:      Sun, 02 Mar 2003 11:11:12 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        "Alan L. Cox" <alc@imimic.com>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Removal of ENABLE_VFS_IOOPT

Steve Kargl wrote:
> > Here's an idea... ask John Dyson about it.
>
> From John's comments in c.u.b.f.m, I doubt he
> follows the kernel development in 5.0 close enough
> to make any recommendation without studying the
> code.  I further suspect that John would not want
> to spend the time require.

It's a design question, not an implementation question.  Alan's
suggestion is that the design be modified because (in his opinion)
the implementation is incomplete.

Though Peter Wemm's comment that it is not incomplete, and that
it's used by the zero copy TCP people, to the extent that they've
maintained the read coherency code, is also salient.

BTW: I think you are wrong about John; I guess you missed his
post to -chat last week?

-- Terry