Date:      Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:18:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Patrick Lehner <plehner2000@yahoo.com>
To:        amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   DVD+-RW Drive

Hi,

I just bought a TDK DVD RW Drive on ebay and tried it
out on my amd64 box.  At the time when ATA drives are
discovered by the kernel, I get many MODE_SENSE_BIG
timed out and TEST_UNIT_READY timeouts.

I have all the options required in the kernel:
device atapicam
device scbus
device cd
device pass

but still the same problem.  The can't be bad,
otherwise it wouldn't boot the FreeBSD install CD (up
to the point where the DVD drive is discovered....

Any clues?  Or do I have to install Linux, since the
drive is unlikely to be supported ever.

Thanks