Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 22:19:22 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley585.res.iastate.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bt848 questions...

Around here we seem to like Hauppauge's Bt848 cards they have proven
to be reliable and reasonable priced.

fxtv has two modes of operations :

1. capturing frames to a buffer then using xputimage to display the
   frame to a window no scaling is done.

2. PCI to PCI data transfer. fxtv aims the Bt848 to a given area
   in the display frame buffer to where to blast the video stream
   to -- there is no faster way of displaying video from a
   PCI device .

3. In PCI to PCI mode the Bt848 does the scaling

I own a Matrox Millenium and you shouldn't have any problems with
watching 640x480 32bits at 30fps irrespective of the resolution that
you are running --- I guess the real limit is the amount of memory
that you may have on your adapter however in your case thats not
a problem.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio