Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 09:42:28 -0000
From:      "Bond, Jeffery" <Jeff.Bond@nectech.co.uk>
To:        "'MALCOLM BOFF'" <Malcolm_Boff@compuserve.com>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>, "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: PPP AND Compuserve AND UK

Hi Malcolm,

The chat script is comprised of 'expect' 'send' pairs rather that 'send'
'expect' pairs as you suggest. To wait for the 'PPP' string, just use a line
like this as the last line of your chat script.

PPP "" (PPP followed by two quotes in case the email buggered it up).

I use a similar line to initialise my modem:

"" ATZ
OK ATDTxxxxx

ie. expect nothing, then send ATZ to reset it, then expect OK (from the ATZ
command), then dial etc...

Hope this helps,

Jeff